Things are going to get spooky in the world of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Today, Kevin Feige announced a slate of horror-related Marvel spin offs for Disney+. “Planning Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness as a horror film has been so much fun,” Feige explains grinning ear to ear at a press conference. “I decided to double down on the spookiness. You can just call me the Cryptkeeper of Marvel at this point!” Feigie then donned a vampire cape, got into a coffin and lowered himself in, arms crossed.
Spooky Superhero Slate
- April 2021: Body horror themed Hulk film where he’s slowly transforming back into Edward Norton. Directed by David Cronenberg (The Fly).
- May 2021: Coven of Witches vs Scarlet Witch action horror. Will feature the most decapitations in an MCU film yet. Directed by Gareth Evans.
- August 2021: Captain America hunts down his murderous country cousins. Turns out, they’ve been taking super soldier serum like meth. Directed by Rob Zombie.
- October 2021: An empty shape of a character (Bucky) storms the Avengers base murdering people, slasher film style. Directed by John Carpenter.
- January 2022: The ghost of Black Widow haunts a family in Sokovia. Reportedly, Scarlett Johansson agreed to reprise her role mainly because she will posses a tree. Directed by Sam Raimi.
- March 2022: Ant-Man is haunted by his past sins while searching for a supernatural pest control killer on Alcatraz. Directed by Martin Scorsese under protest.
- April 2022: Hawkeye encounters skeletons in his closet. Literal ones. Directed by Darren Aronofsky.
Should the MCU go horrific? Which of these sound the spookiest? Will Blade end up saving the day in all of these? Post your thoughts in the comments below!